True leadership is about VISION; your own unique vision about who you want to be, where you want to be, and what you want to achieve. The quality that truly defines leadership above all else, is FAITH; when you believe in yourself and your vision, other people will believe in you and your vision too.
Defining who you want to be, what you want to achieve now and how to do this begins with a vision that excites you.
Action#1: Make a list of what excites you and of qualities in life that are important to you.
Action#2: Gather images that reflect this and make your own vision board
When you can clearly see what you want, you are ready to develop the skills to bring this to life.
Skill 1: Goal setting: Write down A) what you ultimately want to achieve from this vision, and B) what aspect you want to focus on now.
With both ‘A’ and ‘B’ goals, ask yourself these questions:
· What exactly does this look like? (If you had achieved this goal already, how would your life look and how will you be feeling?)
· How will I know when it is achieved?
· Why is this goal realistic? (list 10 reasons)
· Why do I believe I can achieve this? (list 10 reasons)
· What obstacles might be in my way and how can I overcome these? (List 2 solutions for each obstacle)
· Who can I ask to help me? (List everyone you can think of)
· When will I take the first step and when will I have completed the first step?
· How will I reward my success?
Skill 2: Positive Mental Attitude
True leaders talk to themselves and others with kindness, because this is what builds faith and gets results.
When you are working on your goal or supporting others, use phrases like this:
· I can do this
· I am going to achieve this
· If I manage my time and take one step at a time, I will get there.
· I can find a solution to the challenge, or I can ask someone to help me
· If I meet a brick wall, it just means there is a better way to achieve my goal. I will get there.
· Other people with bigger challenges achieve their goals, so can I.
Communicating with confidence is the key to success. Communicating to yourself with confidence is the most important thing. Choose to believe the positive things you tell yourself, because there is rarely any evidence for the negative, so you might as well be positive. Confidence is built by taking the small steps and rewarding your success, so that you can always remember what you have achieved, for when you need a confidence booster!
Action #3: Take Action with a clear vision and a positive mind. You can do this, for all the reasons you told yourself that you can!
Written by Antonia Behan ©Copyright June 2015
Follow me on Instagram