Teen's in Business
Executive Skills Training for Tomorrows Leaders
This is a personal discovery and development programme designed to provide you with the knowledge and skills to develop the inner resources to facilitate your awareness and success as you enter career and business world. The modules you will experience are based on executive training workshops that I deliver to senior management and executive teams, which means that developing this knowledge and insight now puts you ahead of the game.
The Course is based on ten 90-minute workshops experienced over a 10-week course
- Vision and Values Integration: We will explore the career path you truly want, in alignment with what matters most to you as a person. This approach ensures the choices you make resonate with the core of you so that your journey matters as much as the end goal and you are equipped with factors of resilience to see you through the challenges (and there will be challenges).
- Growing Self-Esteem and Social Confidence: We will consider how to grow leaders of strength, courage and confidence, from a personal viewpoint and coaching others. You will be invited to discuss what it means to love, like and accept yourself and others, how we model this, as leaders, and you will be given coaching skills to facilitate growing this quality in others. When people in a business accept who they are, and others, office politics and conflict is reduced, and people are happier and more efficient.
- Know Yourself, Know Your Audience: We will engage in self-awareness exercises to explore what motivates and drives you, how you like to work (E.g: are you fast, to the point, or do you enjoy more context and storytelling). This helps you to adapt your communication style to get more from others and improve your social connections, and enables you to support others in making adaptions to improve communication with each other.
- An introduction to Coaching Skills: #1 Listening Skills: You will be taught practices to enable you to become a better listener and a calm communicator.
- An introduction to Coaching Skills: #2 Performance Development: You will be taught coaching techniques to empower yourself and others to become effective in strategy planning, goal setting and meeting expectations.
- Assertiveness Skills and Conflict Management: Explore the secrets to moving away from aggression or submission into an assertive person with the skills to move into situations where conflict may arise, and the confidence to manage this when it does. A toolkit of skills will be presented to facilitate this process.
- Organisation and Time Management: The skills are simple, but the practice...! We shall consider why changing habits and behaviors can be a challenge, how to overcome procrastination, improve motivation, and start creating behaviors that help improve your efficiency, and ability to say ‘no’, without feeling guilty. In addition we shall consider how to set healthy boundaries and create a healthy work -home-life balance practice.
- Mental Health and Well-being at Work: Understanding anxiety, depression, addiction, obsessive compulsive disorder, bipolar disorder and ADHD are just some of the mind issues that so many people face. This workshop provides you with knowledge on areas of mind health, how these issues might affect you or colleagues at work, and how you might support those dealing with these challenges within the workforce.
- Stress Management and Relaxation: We will experience a range of mind and body relaxation exercises and explore practices to help you grow more inner peace and calm. We will also practice a communication tool that empowers you to coach others to calm down when they feel stressed, angry or overwhelmed; essential skills for any leader and manger.
- Action for Change and Sustaining Success: This final workshop reflects on the learning of the programme and helps you create a personal action plan for integrating the learning, being able to evidence how you have developed the skills learnt here, and putting this together as a supplement letter with any CV for a job application, so that your future employer recognizes the soft skills and the people skills you are bringing with you
Action goals and personal development practices will be given between workshops. A measure of your personal growth will be created, and we shall celebrate the efforts of your progress with a Pizza Party at the end of the final workshop, just like they do in some of the modern work spaces!
Course created and presented by Antonia Behan MSc, Coaching Psychologist.
Autumn Term Time Course:
Age Group: 15-18
Course Dates: From Monday September 15th to November 25th (with a half-term break)
Time: Monday's 16.30-18.00 (Last Monday until 19.00 for Pizza Party)
Course Location: Sotogrande International School (SIS students only M4, D1, D2)
You can do anything that you believe you can do.
Throughout this course, you will be supported and coached to build self-belief,
to develop and maintain positive mind states, to stand up for your truth and values, and to boldly go, with courage and confidence, in the direction of your dreams.
Core Skills Include:
Also available as a customised private one-to-one course or shared programme for close friends, or as an after-school programme run on a weekly basis for small groups of students.
Please request full details: email@example.com
Please request full details: firstname.lastname@example.org